Location: Grand Hyatt Seoul, Grand Ballroom 1 & Grand Salon
Improving Lives through Smart City & Infrastructure Development in the New Normal
While the digital revolution is offering an unprecedented window of opportunity to improve the quality of life for millions of urban residents, there is no guarantee that the rapid diffusion of new technologies will automatically benefit citizens across the board. Smart city policies and projects need to be adequately designed, implemented, and monitored as a tool to improve lives for all. This seminar will provide an opportunity to share challenges, opportunities, and experiences from relevant actors from Korea, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the IDB on delivering more efficient, sustainable and inclusive smart cities and infrastructure.
- Sunho Park, Chairman, International Contractors Association of Korea / Former Vice Minister of Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of Korea
- Federico Basañes, Manager, Office of Outreach and Partnerships, Inter-American Development Bank
- Ariel Yepez, Manager, Infrastructure Sector, IDB
- Gastón Astesiano, PPP Team Leader, IDB
- María Susana Morales, Project Portfolio Director, ProInversión
- Hyoung-Jun Kim, Vice President & Head of Project Finance Group, The Export-Import Bank of Korea
- Hankyu Lim, Executive Vice President, Korea Overseas Infrastructure & Urban Development Corporation
- Sang Woo Lee, Director of Smart City Development Office, Korea Land and Housing Corporation
Engine for Growth – Fostering SME Innovation and Start-Up Ecosystems
Fostering SME innovation and start-up ecosystems have the power to unleash groundbreaking advancements across the spheres of Blockchain, Big Data, Biotech, Artificial Intelligence and beyond. Given their unique social, political and economic climate, Korea and Latin America and the Caribbean have proven to be a compelling choice for the establishment of start-ups and for fostering cross-collaboration. This seminar will explore best practices from Korea to uncover the critical factors, including international partnership and collaboration models, that can truly accelerate the growth of startups.
- Juhyeon Cho, Vice Minister, Ministry of SMEs and Startups of Korea
- Irene Arias Hofman, General Manager, IDB Lab
- Fabián Aguilar, Principal, Ángel Ventures
- Diego Bertezzolo, Co-Founder & CEO, Avancargo
- Yong-moon Kim, President, Korea Istitute of Startup and Entrepreneurship Development
- Han Ku Park, President, Korea Smart Manufacturing Office
Promoting Korea-LAC Synergies to Boost Technological Innovation and Sustainable Development in Agriculture
Innovation is a fundamental tool to improve the productivity, efficacy and social, economic and environmental impact of the agricultural sector. The objective of this seminar is to exchange views and draw lessons among relevant actors from the public sector and academia on how to promote technological innovation in the agricultural sector and greater synergies between Korea and Latin America and the Caribbean as means to guarantee food security and combat climate change.
- Beom-Su Park, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs of Korea
- Bernardo Guillamon, Special Advisor, Office of Outreach and Partnerships, Inter-American Development Bank
- Inés Bonicelli, Deputy Executive Director, Uruguay XXI
- Valentino Shal, CEO, Ministry of Rural Transformation, Community Development, Labour and Local Government, Belize
- Dong In Kim, Director General of Overseas Project Office, Korea Rural Community Corporation
- Mi Sun Park, Associate Professor of Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology, Seoul National University
Trade Facilitation and Investment Attraction Korea-LAC Knowledge Exchange
Trade and investment are central to growth and sustainable development. Under the right conditions, it can enhance an economy’s productive capacity and growth potential, drive job creation and improvements in living standards, allow the transfer of technology and know-how, and spur domestic investment, including through the creation of local supplier linkages. The objective of the session is to provide an opportunity to exchange knowledge, good practices, ant the latest trends in trade facilitation and investment attraction among relevant actors from Korea, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the IDB.
- Hyun Chul Kim, Vice President of International Affairs Group, Korea International Trade Association
- Fabrizio Opertti, Manager, Integration and Trade Sector, Inter-American Development Bank
- Estefanía Laterza, Vice Minister of Investments and Exports of Paraguay
- Marco Moya, Undersecretary of Investments, Ministry of Production, Foreign Trade, Investment and Fisheries of Ecuador
- Sangsoon Kim, Regional Director General for Central & South America Head Office, Korea Trade & Investment Promotion Agency
Korea-LAC Startup Pitch Day
Location: Grand Hyatt Seoul, Grand Ballroom 3
The objective of this event is to establish enduring economic ties between the regions’ tech sectors by connecting entrepreneurs, investors and support institutions (including TPOs and accelerators) from Korean and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Start-ups from Korea and LAC will have the opportunity to share innovative services and solutions and to connect as potential partners for the creation of joint ventures, technology transfer, joint global marketing initiatives, barter marketing, among other business links and cooperative endeavors. Investors and accelerators will be invited to support the financing needs of these companies and joint initiatives.
|10:00am – 5:00pm KST|
Participants: Startups and Venture Capital firms from LAC and Korea
1 on 1 Matchmaking Meetings
Location: Grand Hyatt Seoul, Grand Ballroom 2
Host: IDB and Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA)
During this business matchmaking session, SMEs, clients for major infrastructure projects, and Investment Promotion Agencies from Latin America and the Caribbean will hold one-on-one, pre-arranged meetings with Korean counterparts to explore commercial opportunities.
|10:00am – 5:00pm KST||1 on 1 Meetings on Trade & Investment|
Location: Signiel Seoul, Lotte World Tower
Host: Ministry of Economy and Finance (MOEF)
|6:30pm – 9:00pm KST|
Participants: Invited delegates from LAC countries and Korea